Kala has provided geosciences consulting services to the mining sector for over 25 years. Services include acid rock drainage (ARD) studies, application of bio solids in reclamation, groundwater development, dewatering schemes, onsite wastewater disposal system (OWDS) considerations and water quality impact studies. Here is an example of one of Kala’s projects.
Teck Cominco Ltd.
- Afton Mine site – Tailings impoundment design and environmental assessment
- ARD study Riondell property, Nelson, BC
- Open pit dewatering studies – Highland Valley Copper
- Application of biosolids to tailing reclamation – Highland Valley Copper
- Potable water wells – Highland Valley Copper
- Inspection, rehabilitation and evaluation of process water wells – Highland Valley Copper
- Tailings pond seepage studies – Highland Valley Copper
- 16 preliminary site investigations– Afton Operating Corporation
- Nine detailed site investigations and three remedial programs – Afton Operating Corporation