As a small firm, we offer a casual and friendly work environment with a teamwork approach to every project. We work in an atmosphere of mutual respect and integrity where knowledge, skills and abilities are noticed and recognized. The flexibility to get involved in a variety of projects allows each employee to focus on his/her strengths and interests while providing the opportunity to build a career through training and experience.
Kala recognizes the importance of a well-balanced personal and work like life and as such we offer flexible work schedules and competitive compensation and benefits packages.
If you are looking for an exciting place to work and the opportunity to work with a team of dynamic, talented people, check out our current openings.
Associate Project Manager
Kala Geosciences Ltd. requires a registered Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.) or a senior Applied Science Technologist (ASc.T) to join our team as an Associate Project Manager. The position is based out of Terrace, BC and involves a combination of field and office project work in a demanding consultative environment. The Associate Project Manager reports directly to and assists Project Managers as required. Typical work includes water well drilling supervision and testing programs, groundwater assessments, water well rehabilitation programs, Phase 1 and 2 Environmental Site Assessments, and soil and groundwater investigations for wastewater disposal.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with creation and review of estimates, scope of services, change orders, scope changes, tenders, and statement of qualifications
- Client, contractor, and staff liaison
- Assist with project setup and supervision
- Collection and assessment of relevant mapping and background information for projects (topographic maps, geology maps, air photos, climate data, water well records, and aquifer classification)
- Field investigations including supervision of air rotary, hollow stem auger and sonic drilling programs, and various media sampling for environmental studies
- Completion of pumping tests, slug tests, and water sampling
- Subsurface soils investigation programs
- Reduction and analysis of data using various software packages
- Assist with report preparation and review
- Assurance of adherence to various provincial, federal, and office compliance criteria
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- The successful individual will be an AScT with a proven background in the environmental sciences or a P.Geo.
- Strong background, must possess a minimum of three (3) years of related work experience
- Ability to conduct multiple projects concurrently and deal with demanding clientele
- Solid knowledge of Federal and Provincial regulations pertinent to groundwater exploration, wastewater to ground investigations, Phase 1 and 2 Environmental Site Assessments, source water protection assessments, and soil and groundwater investigations for wastewater disposal
- Strong organizational, planning, time management, multi-tasking, and communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral
- Ability to perform required activities efficiently without supervision
- Fieldwork is a component of this position; the candidate must have a valid driver’s license, and be willing to travel to various job sites throughout British Columbia
Kala Geosciences Ltd. is a firm specializing in groundwater and environmental consulting and has been serving the BC Interior for over 30 years.
Qualified applicants may email their cover letter and resume, clearly identifying credentials and qualifications, to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Hiring Manager. Kala thanks all individuals for their interest; only those applicants qualified for the position will be considered.