For over 30 years Kala has been providing sanitary landfill environmental assessments, closure reports, and ongoing monitoring services throughout British Columbia. Kala has considerable experience with the use of numerical risk assessment software applications such as HELP and VADOSE.
Columbia Shuswap Regional District & Various BC Interior Locations
- Monitoring services at seven interior regional landfills
- Closure plans for four Regional District landfills
- Lower Similkameen and Okanagan First Nation landfill sites
- Upper Nicola First Nation – Quilchena, BC
- Decommissioning of three older landfill sites
- Environmental closure programs
- Long term monitoring
- Numerical risk assessment to verify levels and aerial extent of leachate plume
- In addition, Kala has assisted 13 First Nations with landfill assessments, closure, and environmental monitoring.